The position of Game Master gives one the ability to craft a tale using a game board. This position is held by a Witch/Sorcerer and the game board is Rokkenjima, specifically, from October 4th to October 5th of 1986. When creating a tale, the Game Master must always avoid creating a Logic Error or the game will instantly be destroyed.
There are/were other game boards than Rokkenjima in the Umineko universe, according to several other witches.
Known Game MastersEdit
- Beatrice (Legend, Turn, Banquet, and Alliance of the Golden Witch; she also created Land of the Golden Witch, but it was never read.)
- Lambdadelta (End of the Golden Witch)
- Battler (Dawn of the Golden Witch)
- Bernkastel (Requiem of the Golden Witch)
- Battler and/or Bernkastel (Twilight of the Golden Witch)
- Hanyū Furude (all of the story arcs in Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, according to Lambdadelta in the Dawn of the Golden Witch manga)