| Juuza Amakuza|
|Name|| Juuza Amakuza|
|First Appearance||Alliance of the Golden Witch|
|Voiced By||Koji Yusa|
- "If I think my life is fine the way it is, it doesn't matter what others say."
- — Juuza Amakusa
Amakusa is a laid-back, womanizing man with the outrageous ability to understand guns and other technology. Though, he has a greedy side for money, and throughout his life at different military camps/armies he has had a record of absences for no important reason. His main job is to protect Ange Ushiromiya. He was once apart of the French-Foreign League and the JSDF, but for unknown reasons he was exiled from France. He was training military recruits at Blackwater before he was employed by Okonogi for a large sum of money to protect Ange.
Role in the GamesEdit
When Ange is escaping from Kasumi, she is caught by a guard, and the guard holding her is quickly knocked out (or killed). It turns out to be Amakusa. Ange recognizes him as a bodyguard for Eva when she was a kid. He was the youngest of the family's bodyguards, mainly because of his skill with technology, quick thinking, and other talented skills. He had flirted with Ange as a kid, and was fired quickly afterwards. He repeatedly helps Ange escape from Kasumi and helps her on her journey to Rokkenjima.
Dawn of the Golden Witch Meta-worldEdit
At first, Amakusa was seen in the author Toya Hachijo 's house, with Ange. He woke her up by tracing his finger around Ange's face in an odd and perverted matter. Ange, infuriated and annoyed, wakes up and Amakusa reminds her of the meeting she has with Toya Hachijo. Toya talks to both of them, and Amakusa is shocked at first, saying that he had seen her as a man at some major book signings. Toya finds that amusing and explains that the man was merely a poser for her publicity. Though, he disappears when Toya reveals that she is Featherine Augustus Aurora.
Throughout EP6, he serves little purpose, and mainly talks to Ange. However, it implied that his loyalties belong to Okonogi rather than Ange and he has been ordered to assassinate Ange after eliminating Kasumi Sumadera and her followers on Rokkenjima.
Stake's Valentines TIPEdit
Amakusa was featured in a side story/event. The Seven Stakes of Purgatory are given the task to find a valentine for Valentine's Day, and give them Ronove's baked chocolates. Asmodeus, the youngest, goes and picks Amakusa as her valentine.
- In the manga adaptation of Matsuribayashi-hen in Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Amakusa is in actual fact a member of the Yamainu. See image here
- This would explain his loyalty to Okonogi, as Okonogi is the leader of the Yamainu.
- In this story arc, he was one of the members who was dispatched into the mountains to face-off the club. There, he encountered Satoko, and fell victim to her pit trap. See image here
- Due to appearing as an adult by the time of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (which takes place in 1983), he is actually much older than how he looks in 1998.
- "Why is it that these are so heavy? A French instructor taught me something interesting about that once. He said that these always should be heavy. After all, a human life is heavier than the world. So these should be even heavier."