| Tohya Hachijo
|Name|| Tohya Hachijo
|Age||30 (in 1998)|
|Hair Color|| White
|First Appearance||Twilight of the Golden Witch|
|Voiced By||Ono Daisuke|
Tohya Hachijo (八城 十八 Tohya Hachijo ) is implied to be the real author of forgeries about the Rokkenjima murders, since Banquet of the Golden Witch, which were his way to cope with the memories. Together, with Ikuko Hachijo, they share the alias of "Tohya Hachijo" and "Itouikukuro".
Tohya was found on the road by Ikuko Hachijo after the Rokkenjima incident. He was Battler Ushiromiya once, but after receiving brain damage from being hit by a car or from almost drowning, he suffered from amnesia. The accident made him unable to think of Battler's memories as his own. He began to recover his memories as Battler upon hearing of the Rokkenjima incident from Ikuko, but develops a dissociative personality disorder; he fears that, one day, Battler's personality may seize control of him.
At one point, Tohya attempted suicide. As a result, he is forced to spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair. At the end of the Magic Ending in Twilight of the Golden Witch, it's implied that Battler finally "died" and Tohya could start living without the burden of Battler.
- Ikuko Hachijo - shared pseudonym, companion, friend
- Battler Ushiromiya - past memories, previous life
- The name of Hachijo Tohya (八城 十八), contains two wordplays:
- An alternate reading for the kanji in the name Hachijo (八城) is "yashiro." Coupled with the honorific "o-" prefix, this becomes "Oyashiro," the more commonly-known name for Hanyuu Furude from Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni.
- The name Tohya (十八) is composed of numerical kanji, numbering 18. Breaking down the name "Oyashiro" into syllables (o-ya-shi-ro), each syllable is one possible reading for the numbers 0, 8, 4, and 6. Adding these numbers together results in a sum of 18.